Win bitcoin for your 2019 crypto resolutions
New year is a time for fireworks, optimism, and unrealistic resolutions. To start 2019 on the right foot, Cloudbet is holding a bitcoin and crypto resolutions contest. Enter the competition for a chance to earn BTC prizes.
The start of a new year is a time for reflection; for looking back at the past and planting the seeds for a better future. It’s the one time when people are motivated to spill out their optimism in the form of sincere - if not always realistic - new year's resolutions. And it couldn't be any different with bitcoin and crypto.
2019 and the future of bitcoin
Let’s face it, 2018 wasn’t the greatest year for bitcoin, or crypto in general. From all the 2017 optimism and dreams of widespread adoption, 2018 was more of a cold bucket of water than the promised crypto land. Overall, prices have dropped repeatedly and the general atmosphere at the end of this year is one of gloom.
It’s understandable, if you haven’t been in bitcoin for long, that it may seem to you like bitcoin is finally dead, or at least dying. To hear all this talk of an upcoming crypto winter end-all like a Game of Thrones season finale is to miss one of the most important points here:
But just as years end and as new ones begin, bitcoin has outlived all its 339 obituaries so far. It happened before, and for people in the space, this time isn’t different. Bitcoin isn’t dead; in fact, as it approaches its tenth anniversary, it’s only just starting. The whole ecosystem, if not as heated as in 2017, is nonetheless thriving, with many projects starting to deliver and use cases spreading across the board.
And you know what? As every revolutionary technology has repeatedly proven throughout history, “first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
That’s our crypto resolution for 2019. What is yours?
How to enter our crypto resolutions contest
Cloudbet wants to hear what your crypto resolutions for 2019 are.
Should you stop buying shitcoin? Maybe HODL till kingdom come? Or perhaps you’re determined to have you mom get her first coin?
It may refer to bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency. It could refer to your plans, or what you intend to use crypto for (if anything). It can be about lambos (but we know you can do better), or something else, entirely - it’s up to you.
So where do you start?
You can use any background - a blank card or page, an image, a gif, and just lay your best (or worst) wishes for crypto in 2019. As long as you write it in your own words (and keep it civil), it’s good to go.
Just post it on Twitter or on the competition's Bitcointalk thread (read below for more details) and you’re gold. The best entries will be compiled and posted on the Cloudbet blog after the competition. You can check out our 5th anniversary best bitcoin memes, and our fiat review contest winners for some inspiration
So grab your keyboard or your pen, put your wishing hat on and spill it out. Be clever, be funny, wish away - and best of luck.
The competition will open at 10:00 UTC on Friday, 4th of January, and will close at 10:00 UTC on Monday 14th of January.
- On Twitter, by following Cloudbet and posting with the hashtags #Cloudbet and #CryptoResolutions;
- On Bitcointalk, by going to the competition thread and posting your entry;
Entries must be card-like. You can use images, gifs, or even take a picture of a handwritten note - so long as it lives up to the spirit of resolutions. We’re looking for creativity, wit, and of course crypto.
Here are some examples of resolution cards. Remember, though, you can use any other background, including animated gifs or meme-style images.
Winners and prizes
There are two ways you can win in this contest:
- Top 10: our favourite ten entries will each win a 0.03 BTC prize;
- The first 100 entrants that follow the rules qualify for a ticket for a Ledger Blue raffle;
The first 100 valid entries will have a chance of winning a Ledger Blue from our raffle. Each entry will be assigned a number, based on the order it was posted relative to all others, starting from zero. So, the first entry is 00, the second is 01, and so forth.
After the competition closes, we will post a list with all entrants and their respective raffle numbers. The winner will be determined by the last two numeric digits of the block hash for the first block after 10am UTC on Tuesday, 15th of January. UPDATE: raffle will now be drawn from the first block after 14:00 UTC on Tuesday 15th of January.
Here are a couple examples to illustrate this:
- Blockhash: 0000000000000000001cfa0e7047bcb2129a2a79e90828f9e89a2c43a572df27
- Winner: 27
- Blockhash: 0000000000000000001109cec284c01c2c12f3b046e6625830c7931b603cf0fd
- Winner: 30
In case there are no matches, the winner will be determined by the following block until there is a match.
Terms and conditions
- Entries for the main competition will start at 10:00 UTC on Friday, 4th of January, and will close at 10:00 UTC on Monday 14th of January.
- Winners for the main competition will be announced on Twitter, Bitcointalk and the Cloudbet blog.
- Submissions must be original work - plagiarism will result in the contestant having all their submissions immediately disqualified. Plus, community shame, so be a sport and just don't.
- All submissions must be in English;
- Submissions must be posted either on Twitter or the competition’s Bitcointalk thread.
- The winners will be selected by Cloudbet, and all decisions are final.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her review and nickname in any publicity material.
- Cloudbet will contact winners via private messaging to discuss prize delivery.
- The raffle draw will take place at 10:00 UTC on Tuesday, 15th of January. UPDATE: raffle will now be drawn starting at 14:00 UTC on Tuesday 15th of January.
- Players can submit multiple entries for the main competition; however only one raffle ticket per person will be allocated (based on time of first posting).
- Bitcoin prize winners from the main competition are excluded from the raffle;
- The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Any prizes left unclaimed after six weeks from competition end will be forfeited.
- You must be old enough to gamble in your jurisdiction, and at least 18 years old to participate.
- Cloudbet reserves the rights to change or cancel this competition at any time.
- Cloudbet’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants are solely liable in case their work infringe any copyrights or trademarks.
- General Cloudbet terms and conditions apply.
Cloudbet is one of the first bitcoin sportsbook and casino operators in the crypto space. We have hundreds of bitcoin slots and dozens of table games to play, with free play options to try before you buy in our bitcoin casino. You can also learn more about bitcoin gambling, betting strategies, and bitcoin 101 here in the Cloudbet blog.