Last updated 20th July 2022
eSports StarCraft Betting with Cloudbet
StarCraft is one of the original eSports. In the eyes of many, it’s also one of the best and has set the stage for many other strategy eSports. At Cloudbet, we offer a wealth of StarCraft eSport betting markets, giving you a chance to wager on your favorite teams and players, with coverage for a vast selection of StarCraft events.
What is eSports StarCraft?
StarCraft is a real-time strategy game that first launched in 1998, with the competitive sector taking off several years later. There is also a StarCraft II, released in 2010, and this is what most modern StarCraft eSports focus on.
Originally, the StarCraft eSports scene was limited to South Korea, where it helped to popularize the idea of competitive gaming. South Korea remains the number 1 destination for StarCraft pro gaming, but these days there are tournaments staged all over the world.
One of the best ways to learn about the game is to play it!
How to Bet on StarCraft
Are you ready to place some StarCraft bets? Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Sign up for an account with Cloudbet
- Make a deposit by purchasing Bitcoins or transferring them across
- Collect your Cloudbet Welcome Bonus of up to 5 BTC
- Return to this page
- Place some StarCraft eSports bets!
And if you like eSports betting, we have many other great options for you, including League of Legends eSports betting and stacks of Counter-Strike betting markets.
Who Are the Best StarCraft Players?
Unsurprisingly, the world’s best StarCraft players live in South Korea. It is the spiritual home of StarCraft, after all.
Some of the names to look out for include:
- Lee Byeong Yeol
- Jung Jong-hyun
- Cho Seong-ju
- Joona Sotala
- Riccardo Romiti
- Clement Desplanches
StarCraft games move at a rapid pace and require fast thinking and incredible dexterity. As a result, the best gamers are often very young and they usually retire before they hit their thirties.
What are the Biggest StarCraft Tournaments?
There are numerous StarCraft events held throughout the year and these are staged all over the world. Some of the biggest ones include those hosted at DreamHack, where players from many regions compete for 5-figure sums.
In terms of prize money and wagering opportunities, the StarCraft II World Championships were unsurpassed. The 2017, 2018, and 2019 tournaments offered a massive $700,000 in prize money and provided a showcase for the world’s best StarCraft II players.
The StarCraft II World Championships are no longer active, with the last event being staged in 2019, but the money was funneled into other events, including the aforementioned DreamHack.
The ESL Pro Tour also hosts some big StarCraft events.
What Bets Can I Place on eSports StarCraft Markets?
At the most basic level, StarCraft games are contests between two people. There is a winner and a loser, and there are numerous unique outcomes that can occur during a single game.
As a result, even inexperienced viewers should be familiar with many StarCraft betting markets, including:
- Winner: A simple bet where you wager on Player A or Player B. Choose the one you think will win, check the odds, add it to your bet slip, and make a wager.
- Map Handicap: Will the market leader secure a big win or will the underdog fight hard and win some maps? In this market, players are given theoretical map handicaps, providing a range of betting options. If Player A is -1.5, it means they must win by 2 or more for the bet to succeed. If they are +1.5, it means the bet will be successful if they win or lose by 1.
- Map Bet: Wager on the outcome of a single map, as opposed to the entire game.
- Correct Score: Choose the final score based on the total number of maps won by each player.
- Total Maps: Select how many maps will be played over the contest, with options for “Over” and “Under”.
All of these bets can be made pre-game and some are also available in-play, which means you can place your wagers even after the contest has begun.
Bet on StarCraft eSports with Cloudbet
If you’re completely new to StarCraft, don’t worry, as there are elements of the game that you might be familiar with. It’s an RTS, so it’s all about building bases and units and then destroying opponents. If you have played games like Command & Conquer and Age of Empires, it won’t take long to acclimatize yourself with StarCraft.
If you’re new to StarCraft betting, we have you covered there, as well. Just sign up for a Cloudbet account, make a deposit, and return to this page. Once here, you can check out the available markets and start placing some wagers. You’ll be an expert StarCraft eSports bettor in no time!