Last updated 17th January 2022
Blackjack: it’s a staple of every top casino – a game that mixes luck and skill in the perfect combination. Every hand brings the chance to win money, and all you need to do is beat the dealer to claim your prize.
At the Cloudbet casino, we offer several versions of Bitcoin casino blackjack, all of which have been picked for their exceptional gameplay and intuitive design. If you’re looking to play blackjack with crypto, then Cloudbet is the perfect place for you!
How to Play Blackjack with Crypto
Let’s jump straight in and find out how to play blackjack with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Assuming you’ve already got an account and it’s been funded with some cash, your first step is to choose from one of the blackjack gambling options in our portfolio. Not sure which version of Bitcoin casino blackjack to choose? Why not have a few hands of each, just to work out which one is perfect for you.
If you haven't yet signed up to Cloudbet, click here and sign up now.
Once you’ve settled on a game and loaded it up, you’ll be ready to play. But what’s the goal? Well, you simply need to get closer to 21 than the dealer, without ever exceeding that magic number. Beat the dealer and you’ll double your money, unless you get Blackjack, which is when you’re dealt any 10-value card and an ace. In this case, you receive a prize worth 3 to 2.
You’ll need to begin by placing a bet, after which you’ll receive two cards. The dealer will also get two cards – the version of blackjack you’re playing will dictate whether you can see one or two of their cards. You then need to decide whether to do one of the following options:
- Stand. This means you’re happy with your cards and don’t want to receive any more.
- Hit. Choose this option and you’ll be dealt another card. Hopefully you won’t exceed 21!
- Double down. If you’ve got a strong starting hand, you can double your bet and then receive just one more card.
- Split. If both your cards are the same value, you can split. Your bet is doubled and two hands are created, each containing one of the original cards plus an additional card. Each hand is then played as you would a standard hand.
- Surrender. Some versions of blackjack allow you to surrender. In this case, you give up your cards and any chances of winning but receive half your bet back.
- Insurance. In some versions of blackjack, you can take out insurance if the dealer shows an ace. If the dealer then gets Blackjack, you’ll receive a payout of 2 to 1. Once you’ve placed insurance, you play your hand as normal.
If you receive Blackjack, which is a 10-value card and an ace, you won’t have to do anything. You will simply win a prize worth 3 to 2 – providing the dealer doesn’t also have Blackjack too!
Once you have finished your turn, it’s time for the dealer to act. They reveal their cards, and they then must hit or stand – they don’t have the option to double down, split or surrender. Whether the dealer stands or hits is generally dictated by the rules. At most blackjack tables, the dealer will be obliged to hit when their hand totals 16 or less. When it totals 17 or more, they must stand. This is regardless of what total you have.
If you beat the dealer, you will receive a prize worth the same amount as your bet, as well as your bet back. If you lose, you win nothing. As already mentioned, get Blackjack and you win a prize worth 3 to 2. It’s then time to place another bet and start a new hand, right here at the best Bitcoin casino for blackjack!
Blackjack Gambling Strategy
Bitcoin casino blackjack is a game packed with skill, and the best in the world have honed their craft for many years. In fact, there’s so much to consider when playing that entire books have been written on the subject. We’re not going to overwhelm you with a huge essay on the strategies to use when you play blackjack with crypto, but we have put together a few quick pointers below.
- Never opt for insurance. You should never take out insurance, as the house edge is particularly high. Instead, take a chance that the dealer doesn’t have Blackjack, as they won’t most of the time.
- Double down on 11. If you’re dealt starting cards that total 11 but don’t include an ace, you should always double down, as the chances are you’ll get a total that’s near or exactly 21. This is even the case when the dealer is showing an ace.
- Always stand on 18+. If you have a total of 18, 19 or 20, made without using an ace, you should always stand, regardless of what the dealer is showing. By doing so, you’ll win more hands than you lose.
- Do not split two 10-value cards. If you are dealt two 10-value cards, you already have a hand worth 20, which will be tough to beat. By splitting, you run the risk of getting two poor hands and not winning anything at all.
- Always split 8s and As. If you receive a pair of 8s or a pair of aces, you should always split, regardless of what the dealer shows.
- Rarely surrender. You should only surrender when you have hard 16 (16 without using an ace) and the dealer is showing a 9, 10 or ace, or when you have hard 15 and the dealer has a 10.
- Hit hard 12 against 2 or 3. If you have hard 12, which is 12 made without an ace, you should always hit if the dealer is showing a 2 or 3. You will occasionally go over 21, but you won’t most of the time.
Bitcoin blackjack strategy
In Blackjack, the advantage the casino has over a player is around 0.8%, but this varies depending on the number of decks used in a game. If you're playing with a single deck, the house edge could be as low as 0.18%. However, if it's a single deck game but pays out at 6:5 and the dealer hits on soft 17, you won't have as much of an advantage as you might think.
One of the first ways you can begin to use a strategy for Blackjack is by understanding how the rule variations affect your chances. And you can start before you even place a bet. Check the table for a statement about whether the dealer hits or stands on a soft 17 (a 17 including an Ace) - if he hits, the house has an extra 0.2% edge.
Still, it is true that Blackjack has one of the lowest house edges of any table game in a casino. Remember that following the optimum strategy won’t guarantee a win every time, but it can help to make it less likely you’ll lose.
For more on Blackjack strategy, see our blog post: Is There A Winning Blackjack Strategy?
Crypto Blackjack rules
Blackjack is one of the simplest bitcoin casino games - the only aim is to get to 21, or nearer to it than the dealer, without busting higher. Play for yourself to get a taste in our free Blackjack Bitcoin Casino - or create an account to access our huge range of Blackjack tables, and our live-dealer Blackjack tables.
What are the side bets in Blackjack?
On top of Insurance, there are a number of side bets that may be available on your bitcoin blackjack table. These are the most popular:
- Lucky Lucky
- Player hand and dealer's up card sum to 19, 20, or 21
- Perfect Pairs
- Player initial hand is a pair
- Royal Match
- Player initial hand is suited, suited and connected, or a suited K-Q
- Player initial hand plus dealer's card makes a flush, straight, or three-of-a-kind poker hand
- Lucky Ladies
- Player initial hand totals 20
- In Bet
- Dealer upcard is in between the value of the players two cards
- Bust It!
- First card drawn to the dealer will result in a dealer bust
- Match the Dealer
- One or both of the players cards is the same as the dealer’s card
Does Cloudbet offer BTC Blackjack with live dealers?
Cloudbet runs a state-of-the-art live casino, with live bitcoin blackjack, roulette, baccarat and live-dealer table games.
Does Cloudbet offer a bitcoin bonus for Blackjack?
Cloudbet offers one of the most generous bitcoin bonuses to play blackjack online. New players receive a bitcoin bonus matching 100% of your first deposit, up to a maximum of 5 BTC (5,000 mBTC).
Play Bitcoin Casino Blackjack at Cloudbet Today!
If you’re a fan of both crypto and blackjack, you’re in the perfect place. At Cloudbet, we’re proud to offer a great selection of blackjack options to our members, so why not look through our selection of Bitcoin casino blackjack games and find the one perfect for you?
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something with a little more realism, why not head over to our live Bitcoin blackjack page instead!